May 6, 2015
Most PR companies are in the publicity game. Here’s how to tell the difference.
1. A publicity company offers media pitching as their primary service. A PR firm helps you build relationships with key people.
2 Publicity firms think content marketing or social media are the future of public relations. A PR company thinks that building and maintaining relationships is the future of public relations.
3. A publicity company has no idea what the other 3Ps are. A PR company understands the role of promotion and the importance of relationships in the process.
4. A publicity company has a picture of a megaphone on their website. A PR company doesn’t.
5. A publicity company sells on the back of their journalist relationships. A PR company will help you build relationships with journalists and anybody else that is important to the success of your business.
6. A publicity firm talks about engagement but can’t explain what it is or how it will benefit your business. A PR company can explain the value of you having relationships with the right people.
7. A publicity company can’t actually tell you what the return on your investment in PR will be over and above ‘awareness’. Awareness is an outcome of publicity. A PR company can.
For public relations advice that helps your business build and maintain relationships with the most important people to its success call Lyndon on 647-773-3677 or email email@example.com